How to make vegetable broth easy
The vegetable broth is a basic preparation that is used to flavor various dishes, including soups, sauces, stews and rice, among many others.
You can say that it is the equivalent of creating a "cubito de vegetales" natural way.
The most basic recipe for making vegetable stock consists only of 3 ingredients: carrot, onion and celery, not counting water. Do not put salt, pepper, or anything extra.
Once done, this vegetable broth will be flavored with herbs and spices that correspond to what you want to make as a final product.
Although the base preparation of the vegetable broth is with only 3 ingredients, you can do it with more things, which are totally optional, not at all indispensable. Depending on your final preparation, these extra aggregates can provide specific flavors. For example: if you put ginger on it, you would give the broth an Asian touch, and it would make it ideal for recipes of that style.
Preparing an easy vegetable broth
- 1 Kg of large onion
- 1 Kg celery with its leaves
- 1/2 Kg of medium carrot
Other optional ingredients:
- Garlic cloves
- 1 leek (garlic clover)
- A few branches of coriander
- Bay leaves
- Clean and cut the vegetables into medium pieces, cubes, irregular pieces, strips, as you like, there is no rule here.
- Place all the ingredients in a pot with 3 liters of water and set the temperature to the maximum. When it starts to boil put the fire in half and cook until the liquid reduces by half. Calculate approximately 45 minutes, depending on your kitchen.
- After this time strain the broth well, let it cool and store it in plastic containers with lid.
Frozen, this broth of vegetables can last you several weeks. Down in the fridge you should not let more than 4 or 5 days go by before using it all.
If you want to learn how to prepare other basic cooking broths, check the following links:
- How to make chicken stock
- How to make shrimp stock
- How to make a good stock of meat